Another magazine find. As I was making this, I told David that these were going to be the best things I've ever made; and they were.
1/4 c warm water
2 1/2 t. yeast
1 t. sugar
1/2 c milk
1 c canned pumpkin puree
1/3 c margarine, melted
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/4 t. cloves
1 t. salt
5-6 c flour
2/3 c canned pumpkin puree
1/2 c butter, room temp.
1 c packed brown sugar
2 T cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
4 oz. cream cheese, room temp.
3 T. butter
1/2 t. vanilla
2-2 1/2 c powdered sugar
1. Combine warm water, yeast and teaspoon of sugar in small bowl. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Let stand until froth doubles.
2. In mixer, combine milk, eggs, pumpkin, margarine, the 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Mix until smooth.
3. Add 4 cups flour to mixing bowl. Pour frothed yeast mixture on top of flour. Knead about five munutes, adding the rest of the flour 1/2 c. at a time. Dough should be smooth and moist, but not sticky.
4. Spray a bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl. Cover with wet towel or plastic wrap that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Allow to rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
5. While dough is rising, prepare filling. Place room temperature butter and pumpkin puree in small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth. In another small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
6. pour dough out on slightly floured surface. Roll into a rectangle, dough should be about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the pumpkin/butter mixture over rectangle. Next, evenly spread the sugar/cinnamon mixture on top, slightly pressing it into the dough.
7. Roll up long side of dough, forming long tube. Cut tube with sharp knife about every 2 inches, making 12 rolls. Place rolls in lightly greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
9. Bake rolls in oven until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla to make the frosting. Spread on warm rolls.
Now you all have to make them because this took forever for me to type.