Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Italian Pasta Salad

This is Sally Plautz's recipe in the second Sisters' Cookbook.  I'm putting the smaller version here because I think her recipe is meant to feed The World.  (Five lbs of pasta, three bottles of dressing, etc.)  I was just trying to feed my family, man!  Take it easy!  This is a great, easy pasta salad for summer parties.

12 oz. tri-color pasta

1 bottle of Italian dressing

1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped (ha! I didn't seed mine)

1 c. grape tomatoes, halved (or quartered, if you prefer)

1/2 c. pepperoni

1 green onion chopped fine (optional)

Italian blend cheese, grated (I bought the bagged kind)

Boil pasta according to al dente directions (don't over-cook).  Drain and rinse with cold water to speed up cooling time.  Put cooled pasta in a large serving bowl.  Add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions and mix well.  Poor dressing over the salad and mix it in until it's as juicy as you want it.  Leave some salad dressing to freshen the salad when you're ready to serve it.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  Just before serving, add shredded Italian cheese.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I made this just the other day. My favorite part of the recipe in the Sister's Cookbook is where you left Sally's note about give her your extra dressing. "Who is this woman and why does she get my extra dressing?" HAHAHAHA