Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Remember several years ago when every person you knew claimed to have THEE recipe for Neiman Marcus cookies.  Someone was super sneaky and got it through some black ops something.  Every time I see a recipe for the Neiman Marcus cookies it's different from the last one I saw.  These are supposedly Neiman Marcus cookies, but since I added black and white chocolate chips and walnuts, I decided to call them Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They're my new favorite breakfast food and dessert!

1 c. unsalted butter, softened

1 c. sugar

1 c. brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

2 c. flour

2 1/2 c. oats, blended into a powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 pkg. white chocolate chips

1/2 pkg. milk chocolate chips

1 c. chopped walnuts

Combine all dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt) and set aside.  In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.  Slowly add dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.  Mix in chocolate chips and nuts with dough hooks (if you're using a free standing mixer).  Bake for 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven. 

1 comment:

kenzie said...

I always eat my cookies for breakfast when I make them the night before. We're twinners.