Thursday, April 1, 2010
Edible Cookie Dough
1 c. butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 Tbsp. water
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 c. chocolate chips
1. Assemble and premeasure the ingredients. Set the butter out to soften at room temperature.
2. Cut the butter into chunks (my favorite word). Place it and the brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium until smooth and creamy.
3. Turn off the mixer. Add the flour, water and vanilla. Blend until mixed well. Add the chocolate chips while the mixer is running. Continue mixing 15 to 20 seconds until the chips are distributed throughout the dough.
4. Use a melon baller to portion the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place the dough balls in the freezer until firm. Store in resealable plastic bags and enjoy as a snack.
5. Make cookie dough ice cream (be still my heart) by blending a softened pint of good vanilla ice cream with 10 to 12 dough balls. Allow the dough to break up throughout the ice cream. Store the finished ice cream in the freezer.
Tips and Warnings:
- for a lighter flavor, use half brown sugar and half granulated sugar.
- this cookie dough is NOT suitable for baking. It does not contain all the ingredients necessary to produce a proper cookie.