Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Apple Crisp

They were handing out samples of this with the recipe all typed up for you at Macy's. I heart Macy's so much. It's the best grocery store I've ever been to. I'm sure we all have apple crisp recipes, but it's always fun to try another, I guess. Also, David says I don't post enough recipes, so here it is.
Mix together:
10 cups of apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup of white sugar
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Mix separately:
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup melted butter.

Crumble oat mixture evenly over apple mixture in a 9 x 13 dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh man! You are making me hungry! I love fall food, especially apple crisp, which I tend to over-dose on. This looks like a fabulous version of the recipe!

Jen said...

This looks exactly like the recipe I use only with half the butter. I appreciate that!